We have been recognized over the past 25 years for the following achievements and awards.
- LEAN and LMRK's Biota Sampling Project post BP Oil Spill results in University of Texas Medical Branch announcing their new study, entitled Gulf Coast Health Alliance; Health Risks Related to the Macando Spill (GC-HARMS), that will help us to have a better understanding of the impacts of petroleum contamination in the Gulf region. Read more...
- LEAN's work and vigilance documenting individuals and their changing health conditions from chemical exposure due to the BP Oil Spill expedited an investigation by the Government Accountability Project. Read the letter of support. 1.13 Mb
- Pearl River Fish Kill - We were the first responders and our field work resulted in the launch of an investigation by the Louisiana State Senate, Environmental Quality Committee. Read more...
- Victory in the Courts - Louisiana State Court of Appeal ordered the State Department of Environmental Quality to test the environmental impact of discharges from produced waters from oil and gas production activities within Louisiana territorial waters in the Gulf of Mexico - Read the decision
- 2011 Human Rights Award presented to Staff Chemist Wilma Subra
- Atchafalaya Angel Award
- Louisiana Association for Justice Public Service Award
- Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality’s 2009 Environmental Leadership Award as the Individual of the Year for Environmental Advocacy and Community Outreach
- OMB Watch selected Marylee to receive the OMB Watch Public Interest Hall of Fame award
Marylee was a runner up for the Conde' Nast Traveler Environmental award
2007 and Prior
Received the Gary L. Groesch Community Activist of the Year Award
Depicted in the award winning Lifetime movie Taking Back Our Town
A United States delegate to the Global Assembly of Women and the Environment in Miami, Florida and spoke on water issues
Highlighted in the Baton Rouge Advocate feature article Environmentally Involved in Louisiana
Featured in "Fast Quotes" in the the Baton Rouge Business Report
Featured in Family Circle Magazine, and has been noted in numerous articles about successful environmental leaders
Co-hosted the Breast Cancer and the Environment Conference in New Orleans with the Southern Women for Health and the Environment - Bella Abzug, keynote speaker